Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best defrag / Vista optimizer or tweeker

• Please log in to reply

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I'd never heard of this "scientology" until you mentioned it. I just checked wikipedia briefly, and it appears to be a recently established religion. I am curious as to why the religious beliefs of the CEO have anything to do with the software the company makes?

You've never heard of Scientology? I find that extraordinary. L. Ron Hubbard's "religion" has been around since 1952. It has quite the reputation as a mind control cult.

It is, ofcourse every individual's choice whether to boycott a product or not, for political or religious reasons. But, if you apply that criterion uniformly, then we cannot buy most of the stuff essential for a modern lifestyle....gas (comes from regimes that support terrorist movements), commercial goods (chinese slave labor factories), drugs (unethical and greedy pharamaceutical companies) etc etc. There is no end to it...

So what is your point?

That's my point: It's some information that people can use to make a personal decision. Also, I think it's interesting. At no point did I suggest a boycott, did I?

~~ Paul

Edited by Paul C. Anagnostopoulos, 04 July 2007 - 08:33 AM.

Advertisements

Guest_MarkN_*

Guest_MarkN_*

What is important is how well the product performs. If it sucks, dont' buy it.

It is, ofcourse every individual's choice whether to boycott a product or not, for political or religious reasons. But, if you apply that criterion uniformly, then we cannot buy most of the stuff essential for a modern lifestyle....gas (comes from regimes that support terrorist movements), commercial goods (chinese slave labor factories), drugs (unethical and greedy pharamaceutical companies) etc etc. There is no end to it...

So what is your point?

You hit a bullseye on that remark.. Interestingly alot of Hollywood stars are now into Scientology..

Edited by MarkN, 04 July 2007 - 09:20 AM.

arborman

arborman

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

I'd never heard of this "scientology" until you mentioned it. I just checked wikipedia briefly, and it appears to be a recently established religion. I am curious as to why the religious beliefs of the CEO have anything to do with the software the company makes?

You've never heard of Scientology? I find that extraordinary. L. Ron Hubbard's "religion" has been around since 1952. It has quite the reputation as a mind control cult.

So what is your point?

That's my point: It's some information that people can use to make a personal decision. Also, I think it's interesting. At no point did I suggest a boycott, did I?

~~ Paul

Ah, scientology is not known in my part of the world. :whistling: I had never heard about it until you mentioned it, thats why I had to wiki it.

All idealogies, religions and political beliefs are mind control cults in some way or the other. Any activity that encourages group behaviour and allegiance to an idea or set of ideas is a form of 'mind control'. No point in singling out any particular idealogy in that aspect. It doesnt serve any purpose.

Point taken, you didn't mention any boycott explicitly, but I took that as an implied statement. Excuse the confusion, if that was not your intention.

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Ah, scientology is not known in my part of the world. I had never heard about it until you mentioned it, thats why I had to wiki it.

I'm glad it is not something you have to be concerned about where you are.

All idealogies, religions and political beliefs are mind control cults in some way or the other. Any activity that encourages group behaviour and allegiance to an idea or set of ideas is a form of 'mind control'. No point in singling out any particular idealogy in that aspect. It doesnt serve any purpose.

There is a difference between "mind control" and true mind control. If you do some research on Scientology, I think you will agree that it is a pretty nasty mind control cult. I know some people who would rather not use Diskeeper's product and have uninstalled the Windows defragger, which is a derivative of Diskeeper.

http://www.skepticta...n1/gen00532.htm

Point taken, you didn't mention any boycott explicitly, but I took that as an implied statement. Excuse the confusion, if that was not your intention.

No problem. It would be hard to boycott Diskeeper, since it has been part of Windows since Windows 2000.

~~ Paul

Edited by Paul C. Anagnostopoulos, 04 July 2007 - 05:17 PM.

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
Interesting. I never heard that scientology ever took over a whole company. I always thought that it just took over wacko movie stars.

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos

Paul C. Anagnostopoulos

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Interesting. I never heard that scientology ever took over a whole company. I always thought that it just took over wacko movie stars.

Check out WISE:

http://www.wise.org/en_US/index.html

~~ Paul

complete

complete

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Well, front is probably too strong a word. The CEO of Diskeeper is active in Scientology and has donated huge sums to the organization. The employees are most likely urged to become Scientologists. The company has at least once refused technical support to pharmaceutical manufacturers. You can read an interesting thread on it here:

http://forums.randi....ead.php?t=86231

~~ Paul

Front is not too strong of a word. It is common for cult members to deny services to anti-cult members and orgs. It is a front.

Christopher Cannon

Christopher Cannon

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi,

As u searched a lot for best defrag/Optimizer or tweaker ..in recent time i m also looking for it...finally got a good one ..there is this one application that can help u in this..named Advanced System Optimizer..that solves the problem of data fragmentation,delete unneeded files,remove useless programs,remove Temporary files, delete remnants of the uninstalled programs...bringing a renewed level of responsiveness to your applications and reducing the time it takes for your computer to boot..as i m also using it for regular maintenance..!!

U can try it..helpful !!

It helped me a lot in increasing system speed !!

http://www.tucows.co...ystem optimizer