Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hidden Partions

• Please log in to reply

Bridgecraft

Bridgecraft

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hello all!

I have an Acer Aspire 5100, I installed Vista Business; however I want to go down to Premium, I have the premium disk.

The acer has a hidden recovery drive and I need to go back to XP to do the upgrade. I can not access this drive anymore via the Alt + F10 combination. Any idea on how to get it back?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
The only way to upgrade from business is to go to Ultimate edition. Home premium is considered a "down grade". when you installed vista business, how did you install it? If you can not access the recover partition you may have deleted it, depending on you installed it.

Bridgecraft

Bridgecraft

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Blah, the down grade worked, the "upgrade" disc gave me the option to do a custom install and I deleted the Vista Ultimate partition created a new one and installed.

The partition is still there, Vista even sees it in Disk management, but the down grade is all I wanted so thanks anyway.