Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can I transfer files between my cellphone and PC?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

joshuagor44

joshuagor44

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
I understand there's a kit that I can buy, but I'm looking for a cheaper alternative. And by cheap I mean free. :whistling:

I've been playing around with some things and I think I have the right drivers for my phone. Now when I connect it to my computer (using a non-Motorola-issued USB cable), the connection is recognized but nothing shows up as a removable drive in My Computer as it did before. What should I do next so I can start uploading ring tones, or transferring photos? I think there's a program called "Motorola Data Suite" that I need.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
You are correct, you need the Motorola Data Suite, which you can purchase legally. You cannot get it for free via any legal means. We do not help with illegal software here, so if thats your purpose, I suggest you look elsewhere.

joshuagor44

joshuagor44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
It's possible that it is legal in my country. I know that downloading movies is legal as long as I don't distribute for profit.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Possible, but unlikely. And since the laws of this country (where this site owner and servers are located) are such that you cannot illegally obtain that software, thats the rule of the forum. Thread closed. I recommend you find a forum where this type of discussion is tolerated.