Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox 360 can't find my PC

• Please log in to reply

Dirty Verde

Dirty Verde

• Pip
  • 1 posts

The latest fix: change 'log on as' to Local System Account in services window for WMPNSS.

-Open the task manager. (ctrl+alt+del)
-Go to the Services Tab.
-Click on the Services button and minimize task manager.
-In new Services Window, right click on Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service.
-Select Properties.
-go to Log On tab.
-if Local System Account is not highlighted, then you've most likely found the problem. Select Local System Account radio button, click Apply and OK, then right click on Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service again and select restart service.

Your xbox 360 should now automatically see your vista pc.

if not, try deleting the files in c:/ProgramData/microsoft/windows/drm, and restarting Windows media player.

This worked for me after I tried literally everything else. Thanks a lot! I registered just to reply to this! It's been driving me bonkers!

Advertisements

zenglare

zenglare

• Pip
  • 1 posts

ok here is the SOLUTION!!! after hours and hours of hacking..

Start / Run... type: services.msc then OK

Check this 3 services (it's A MUST if you want to detect your device - PS3).

SSDP Discovery Service <<<<< Start this one first Make and make it Automatic (right click properties).already enabled, switched to automatic
Universal Plug and Play Device Host << then this one same as one above already enabled, switched to automatic
Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service <<< then this one... will not stay started, it starts and then it says it had to stop. switched to automatic

if you get any errors like 1068 -79.. etc simple google errors and you will find easy solution.

i got error 1068 that means you need to have SSDP Discovery Service running before starting Universal Plug and Play Device Host

after that use that simple 5/6 step procedure and R'n'R thats it!!!

ps. i have no idea why this services ware DISABLED on my PC.

I found the answer at the following PS3 forum:

http://boardsus.play...thread.id=46583

This is what worked for me. Thanks a mil mate!

Mrs. G

Mrs. G

• Pip
  • 1 posts
̀ cant seem to still get anything to work!! Im not a computer person at all..but can follow your steps...and when I went to the link as the final step the update button is not clickable!!! Maybe I did something wrong? IDk, can anyone help?

Saviourx

Saviourx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
STOP dont do none of that. Use this program instead http://www.serviio.org/ its fast, its easy, and its better then doin all that complicated stuff microsoft makes you do cuz they lazy. C-net reviewed it and it is 4 1/2 stars.

Strumund

Strumund

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just created an account to say "Thanks!"
Instructions for use of services.msc worked great, I found one other service that allows the media extender to communicate that in my case had been disabled:Microsoft Media Extender Service - I enabled it and the Xbox 360 came right up. Using Windows 7 and Windows Media Center.