Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Network Connection

• Please log in to reply

Snacktapus

Snacktapus

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Just wondering if anyone could help me out.. I use an acer laptop which I have connected to the net via wireless network connection. The problem is the signal drops every couple of minutes. My pc is set up to the same wirless network and never drops off.... The laptop always says signal strength is excellent aswell... Any ideas why this would happen folks?? Its really annoying especially using Skype because the call keeps dropping all the time..

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to place the laptop in the same room where the wireless router is, in close proximity, and see if the signal drops.

Snacktapus

Snacktapus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
yeah have tried that.... it drops every 5 minutes for a couple of seconds... what would you reckon the problem is??

Thanks in advance