Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP!?!?!?

• Please log in to reply

SprflyZapp

SprflyZapp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hiya all,
I need a way to make my Own Website http://SprflyZapp.ath.cx to Show up on Google Searches. I use to have a code that would make it show up but I lost it. Could Yall Plz help me figure out how. Thanks
Cody

plz contact me
Aim: Sprflyzapp
Email: [removed email to prevent spam]

Edited by admin, 10 April 2005 - 08:04 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
http://www.google.co...ontinue=/addurl

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
apart from submitting your url to google, do try using META tags in the header content of your HTML code. The use of this is debatable - as some people say it doesn't help a whole lot. But is definitely worth a try - go do a search in google for META tags and you should be all set

Good luck

Cheers
:tazz:

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
here are a few more pointers to help search engine pick up your sites!

Search engines look for meta tags - quite important but also very debateable as to if they help or not in search engine placement..

Build your own meta tags, and paste these into your website using the link shown below

http://vancouver-web...A/mk-metas.html

i forgot to mention - do not excpect over night results when yu submit your site to google, it will be a while before the google "bot" visits your site and makes an evaluation. so it could be anything - even might take up to a month at times. But keep checking regularly to see what the results are.

Also remember that your site MUST be complete - no dead links and other stuff. Also try to have the main keywords,that one might enter into search engines" repeated in your home page so that it is picked up by the bot - and watch out for putting too much of this as it might weigh against you later

hope these tips help

J4K3

J4K3

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Why not have a graphic designer make you a custom look, i could do it if you gave some more detials and infomation.

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
It's not all about meta tags you know!

Ok..Web marketing is split into 3 sections.

1. Your meta tags to text ratio

Google will search yourmeta tas, and then try and find them in your site, therefore working out if your tags are correct and your not just spamming any old keyowrds.

2. Internal Marketing

Brownie points for websites that all link to each others pages. Simplified. Home page to contact page = half a point, contact page back to home page equals a full point.

3. THE BIGGIE (about 70% of it's indexing uses this!)
Links to your site, and if it's not good enough generating links to your site, the robots are extra picky, they like to qualify all links as well. So if you are a plumber with a website, and you have a mobile phont unes provider linking to your site, well see thats ok and will be taken into consideration. However a how to plumb website or other plumbing websites linked to yours gives you extra brownie points.

Hey, I've still not cracked it with Google in every sense as it's very difficult to get the quality links the robots crave. However I've cracked Yahoo and msn, bespoke exhibition stands in yahoo.co.uk, number 1! Get in there!

Some other tips:
In your head you jnot only have keywords, but make sure your description and title incude as many keywords as you can. they like that!

Don't bang your head against the desk too much! It takes a while for the robots to get to you! My latest website for my band was finally visited on the 12th of May this year, it had been running from December!!! Adn I'd linked us from as many websites as I could!

Ironside

Ironside

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I will second everything that has been said. If you use the right keywords in your description and heading, the search engine will find you with no problem at all, use incorrect words and you will never be found, not in a month of Sundays.

It is probably best to decide on your main keywords before you actually add anything to your web page. This way, you can add them into the contents a lot easier.

Try and make your page headings (all of them) interesting and descriptive. Add more than one keyword if you can to the page heading and especially the description (meta tag) if you don't have a description, the search engine will just choose all the words of the main page which can sometimes be a complete jumble and make no sense to someone who has found your website. Don't worry, the search engine will still have a look at the rest of the page. Also, use HTML links at the bottom of your page, this really helps.

One really important thing to do is try and get external links. If you are linked to someone else's website then the search engine will find your website quite easily. In my opinion, external links are absolutely vital to a successful website.

Don't just use single words as keywords, try and use phrases as well, search engines absolutely love these. Try and imagine what words other people would use to find your website, ask around, that is a good way of finding out. Also, have a look for other website that are similar to your own, see what keywords they have used, especially very high-ranking sites.

One last thing, bear in mind that the two most popular search engines are google and Yahoo. Once you can be found on there, you will be laughing all the way.

Anyway, that is my two Penarth

Edited by Ironside, 20 May 2005 - 02:55 PM.

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

apart from submitting your url to google, do try using META tags in the header content of your HTML code. The use of this is debatable - as some people say it doesn't help a whole lot. But is definitely worth a try - go do a search in google for META tags and you should be all set

Good luck

Cheers
:tazz:

View Post

Well, I made a website, and a week later I went to add it to Google, and with just META tags, it had already appeared. ;)

sunny441

sunny441

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
Awesome :tazz:

have fun!!

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Well done, you must've hit the google cycle at the right time.

It can happen! I think my last one took about 2 weeks to appear on google!

Ironside

Ironside

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Since google update about once a month In theory, your site could be up in a few days if you get it in just before they update.

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

Since google update about once a month In theory, your site could be up in a few days if you get it in just before they update.

View Post

They probably do it at the beginning of the month, but I don't really know. That just seems logical.

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
No, sadly not the start of every month. It would be so much easier for us lot to sort our sites ready for it. google have had a lot of catching up to do recently.

It's down to the paths the orbots take as well remember. The more links to your site the more the robots will visit. They index your site and then follow the links from your site.

It's a difficult beast to work out. Just get your web marketing rigth and it will sort itself.