Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen goes black on start-up---Firefox dont load page properly

• Please log in to reply

Slider92

Slider92

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
1. I have this problem with my screen. Sometimes when I have hibernate my computer and turn it on again the screen goes black after the "Dell Loading Screen". Then I turn the power Off-On and it sometimes works and goes normal, but sometimes the same thing happend and I need to do the "procedure" again. Any explanation for this? May it be hardware trouble?

2. I suddenly got this browser problem again which I had before. When using Mozilla Firefox, sometimes my browser doesn't load the pictures properly. Here is a screenshot from Wikipedia(you can see it shouldn't look like this): wiki.jpg

Edited by Slider92, 26 June 2007 - 05:17 AM.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello Slider and welcome to geekstogo,

Please download HDtune in my signature give it a run report if you get any errors.

Please Redownload Firefox Remove firefox though add/remove programs in the control panel then reinstall it.

Slider92

Slider92

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I didnt get any errors. All the blocks are green. The firefox thing got fixed, but it has been fixed before. It just come sometimes and then goes away. I never know what makes it do that.

I still have the screen problem though.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Did you do the slow test?

Slider92

Slider92

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Yes. I did not check the quick scan checkbox.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Try a extended ping to google.com

To do this
Click on start
Click on run.
Type in CMD and press enter.

Type in the black box ping -t google.com
Let it run for one minute how many dropped packets do you get.