Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible Hijacking on computer

• Please log in to reply

cdvegan

cdvegan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer seems to have a virus, i'm not sure what to do because I have norton and I also have a firewall that is up all the time. But it didn't work properl, the cusor moves on its own sometimes and when i type it will start typing by itself sort of like this: ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

It isn't too bad yet since I can still use it but, I want to find out what it is quickly before it shuts down.
Could someone please help me soon?!
Thanks,
Carrie

Advertisements

jdm

jdm

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Carrie, If you come back online later tonight, let me know. I can try to help you.

What processes are running in the task manager?

You can see the processes by holding down CTRL + ALT + DELETE keys simultaneously and then clicking the "processes" tab once the Task Manager appears.

For instance, my Task Manager looks like this:

Posted Image

If you can post a screen capture of what's running on your system, I'd be able to tell if there's a trojan running in the background (and be able to help you from there).

Jeff

Edited by jdm, 10 April 2005 - 10:14 PM.

cdvegan

cdvegan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I think all the scans that i'm doing are cleaning everything. But i'm not sure. I'm not sure how to capture the task manager, how can i show it to you?

Avohir

Avohir

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,002 posts
just post a HJT log, that displays a listing of all processes in addition to its other functions. The link to download it is
http://www.geekstogo...n=download&id=3

download and unzip it, and click "do a system scan and save a log file" and copy the contents of the notepad file that pops up into a reply here