Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New WRT54G wont talk with the modem, therefore no internet

• Please log in to reply

Yellowleader

Yellowleader

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi, Recently my old WRT54G router died on me so I had to buy a new one. I have a new WRT54G V8 router; I hook up the new one as instructed, went through the steps, entered in my IP, Subnet, Gateway, and DNS server information and when it tries to connect to the internet it jumps from 63% to 100% and says:

"Cannot connect to the internet, try turning the Modem OFF and ON. Want to retry?"

I have reset the modem, reset the router, Cloned my Computers MAC address to the router, changed it to auto-DHCP (instead of static IP) from the installation disc and manually through the router ... and NOTHING seems to work. I keep getting that crazy error that it cant connect. There is a conflict somewhere that wont allow the router to talk to the modem, and I just cant find it yet.

I even tried this solution, which seemed to work for everyone, but didnt for me:
http://forums.linksy...message.id=4695

Any help would be much appreciated, I would like to get the internet up and running wirelessly and through this computer also.

Thanks a bunch,
Matt

Edited by Yellowleader, 26 June 2007 - 11:20 PM.

Advertisements

Yellowleader

Yellowleader

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Nevermind, I fixed the problem myself :whistling:

Even though I didnt get a reply, I still love ya guys. YOu have always helped me out :blink: and I always refer peopel to you, thanks again