Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Usb flash drive reading problem

• Please log in to reply

darkcrimson

darkcrimson

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Why when i insert my usb flash drive and then begin to browse it, it would show only the first set of files. Wh n i try to access a directory such as a folder, it would then freeze and show none of it's contents. Also when i look at the drives properties it would tell me that the disk contains 0 free space and 0 used space. how can i get the usb to work ? Plzzzz HELP!!!!

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi darkcrimson, it sounds like your USB drive might have died. Are you able to test it in another computer? If it gives the same errors, then it looks like you'll need to buy another one.

darkcrimson

darkcrimson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I don't reallt think it died. It works on other computers perfectly normal. Well to me it does, I don't reallt thing it being dead is the cause.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Are there any other USB devices you can test on your computer? Any problems with those?

darkcrimson

darkcrimson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I tested 3 known working usb drives and the computer and still it doesn't work. normally, It would work on a computer other than the on with the reading problem.