Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150

• Please log in to reply

EuSniper

EuSniper

• Pip
  • 6 posts
OK, heres the flat line story.

I'm on the new BETA testing for Battlefield 2142, and then all of a sudden any point in time, my computer just freezes, sounds still going and my CPU is thinking, then it just stops. Then my "Blue screen of death" appears, and it force shuts down. When I restart my computer I send the error report into Microsoft and it redirects me, and I download something else, and then Internet Explorer 7 or something. I restart and go at it again, same thing, about 60 secs apart this time. I cant get on any other Battlefield 2142 1.25 update servers because of the beta update I had just installed. I dont know how to uninstall the beta testing map for the regular servers. My military training does not cover the "blue screen of death". I'm about ready to blow up my computer and say it was an overload and it blew.

My System:
AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50
1.6 GHz CPU
1024MB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 graphics card.

I've looked for an update, and I cant find one for my driver on every site I've looked for. I've looked for about 30 mins, and nothing has helped me.

Any help for updates would be great.

Thanks,
EuSniper

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
In order to give you a driver we will need to know what operating system you have and whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit.
James

EuSniper

EuSniper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have Windows XP.

Its a 32-bit, when I look at NIVIA control center. The updates are useless and there is an error when I begin to install it.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Is this a notebook (or laptop) computer? If so, can you give us the make/model?

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
It's a mobility GPU (geforcego) so it's a laptop component.
As for the driver I'll look after I get back from my convocation practice this morning, doing convocation tonight. Hopefully I'll have time to post it today, if not I'll find it for tomorrrow. If anyone has a chance to find it, go for it :whistling:
Just a note though, you barly squeeking by in the graphics department for this game, as well as cutting it very close with your processors speed.
James

EuSniper

EuSniper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm behind in the CPU speed by .1 GHz, the game works on single player just fine without completely stopping. It does tense up over a certain bridge on just one of the maps, and thats the only trouble I have with the game.. Now I think my computer may be broken, or the beta team is messing up my computer..

I dont know which one it is though...

Thanks
EuSniper

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
The drivers for your GeForce Go will be on the site of your computer manufacturer. nVidia does not supply drivers for most GeForce Go cards. They only have drivers for the GeForce Go 7800/7900 series laptops from certain manufacturers.

EuSniper

EuSniper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I've looked at the HP's updates, and I cant find it.. It has only the 6 series.
Nothing more. So I dont know where else to look, and plus now my Battlefield wont start, and so I am in a really tight spot.

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
What is the model number of your HP?

EuSniper

EuSniper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
HP Pavilion dv2000 series.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Alright, click here.
Then click on your appropriate version.
Click on your operating system.
Then on the page that'll open after clicking on your specific operating system you will find the appropriate graphics driver amonst the list of drivers for your computer.
James

EuSniper

EuSniper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks man.

I owe you one.

EuSniper
Ryan

james_8970

james_8970