Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD w/ graphic drivers

• Please log in to reply

tens1on

tens1on

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I get a bsod when i try to reinstall grahpic drivers after reformat no matter what driver i always get a bsod, if it be right before a restart or after windows load during restart. I reformated because i was having the same problem just trying to run the computer fr 4 or 5 mins it would work then there would be no screen. It happend while i was playing a game with graphics on higjh there was about 200 bodies on the ground when i joind then it broke.
Then the delll loading screen had blue lins through it and the safe mode screen was in a diffrent language and had 2 (!!) tiled across the screen HELP in on the second best team in cevo-a i need to u and running by monday.

The only idea i have is to flash the bios or reset it and unplug the video card and plug it back in.

I have a nvidia 7300 LE 256mb pci-e

Advertisements

FredFlintstone

FredFlintstone

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Most of the time with that sort of issue you want to try and reseat the graphics card first.

I would also try placing the card in another computer, if you have one, that way you can see if its the actual hardware of the card itself that is failing or not. (best to eliminate possibility of hardware going bad first, before you begin crazy software fixes)

If of course the card works great on the other computer, we can go from there.

Edited by FredFlintstone, 29 June 2007 - 04:55 PM.

tens1on

tens1on

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
after talking to 4 dell tech support peeps from all over thne world i finally found one that knows somthing he helped me out and fixed it total time on tech support 15 Hours 42 Mins