Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezes when playing games

• Please log in to reply

whitguy

whitguy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When playing World of Warcraft (WOW) my computer freezes, for other games not so much. What really surprised me was that i could play oblivion forever without it freezing and yet a much more simpler game like WOW makes it freeze. I checked the temp. to see if it was over heating but ones it got to about 46-48 Celcius it stayed there pretty continuously. I was also checking the CPU usage and it was staying between 50% to 80%. I have no idea what is wrong, i updated my driver and also reinstalled it. I checked my registry, looked for viruses yet nothing is working. Please Help.

Thanks for the trouble, :whistling:

Aaron

Motherboard Name: MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (MS-7025) (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, Dual Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
Video Card: RADEON X850 Series (256 MB)
Ram: 2GB
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3500+

Edited by whitguy, 29 June 2007 - 11:18 PM.

Advertisements