Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox 2.0.* vs Java Issues

• Please log in to reply

ProEd

ProEd

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Firefox wants me to upgrade to ver. 2.0.*. However, I've read many conflicting comments as to whether they are compatible. I continue to run Firefox 1.5.0.12 until I see a verifiable report that they are compatible.

Anyone have any experience/knowledge with this?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Java 6 is flagged up by Firefox as being incompatible.
But having said that, Java applets and stuff all work anyway regardless. In my experience anyway.

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
I am using the latest version 2.0.0.4 and it is 'as usual' working like a charm!!

Gotta love firefox!

:whistling:

ProEd

ProEd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Thanks folks, sincerely.

As I am typing this reply a Mozilla popup came up, again, requesting I upgrade to FF 2.0. Can't say I am yet comfortable with FF 2.0.*, despite your well inentioned comments. I will likely try it out on my home PC, can't afford to lose time on my work laptop.

Happy trails.

ProEd

ProEd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
For anyone reading this thread; I downloaded Firefox 2.0.0.4 yesterday. As predicted elsewhere, it told me during installation that Java was incompatible and disabled it (I had the current version). I next attempted to load an online Java application and no response, dead line. So, I visited Firefox webpage https://addons.updat...x/browse/type:7 and redownloaded Java. Everything is peachy keen again, working as before. I've read many comments/solutions/recommendations (some complicated) on many websites on this issue but have not read this suggestion anywhere. An office pal made this recommendation.

Happy trails.... ProEd