Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

UPSIDE DOWN SCREEN- URGENT HELP NEEDED

• Please log in to reply

thero_cpd

thero_cpd

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
(YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD IT WAS TO WRITE THIS!)

FOR SOME BIZARE REASON I THINK I I KNOCKED SOMETHING WEN MOVING MY LAPTOP ONTO MY LAP (WHILST GETING INTO BED) COS FOR SOME UNKOWN REASON MY SCREEN IS NOW DISPLAYING EVERYTHING UPSIDE DOWN, ITS AS IF THE WHOLE SCREEN HAS TURNED 180 DEGREES

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP I USE THIS LAPTOP ALL THE TIME FOR UNIVERSITY WORK AND I CANT REALLY USE IT VERY WELL AS MY READING ABLITIES UPSIDE DOWN ARE NOT VERY GOOD. PLEASE DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION

MY LAPTON IS A TOSHIBA SATALITE PRO A120 WITH XP PROFESIONAL

THANKS

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There may be options in one of the programs down (or up :whistling:) by the system clock where you can choose the orientation of the page. You've probably just rotated it 180 degrees.

sewildman50

sewildman50

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Try pressing ctrl + alt + <up arrow>

If that doesn't work, you may have an inversion setting in your display settings. It should be in the settings tab (advanced). Look for that.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

AS MY READING ABLITIES UPSIDE DOWN ARE NOT VERY GOOD

Haha... can you read better upside-down in Caps Lock? :whistling:

Yes, I remember one day in school... the teachers have monitors on our computers, so we used Ctrl-Alt-Arrow Key to invert our monitors and everything. It was so fun. Try Ctrl-Alt-Down or Ctrl-Alt-Up. Don't do left or right unless you can read sideways better than upside-down :blink:

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
being that its a laptop, i cant see how hard it would be to just lay it flat and turn it upside down in order to read things. :whistling:

but anyways, Ctrl-Alt-Up should do the trick, but you usually have to be logged in for this to work. so remember to log in before you try this.