Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

very bad trojan horse

• Please log in to reply

bluellama

bluellama

• Pip
  • 1 posts
let me start off with a "Thank you!!!" for any help that i may receive here.

So my other computer, the bigger, faster, and more secure one, is now enjoying an incredible trojan horse. I ran the McAfee virus protection and it can do nothing. luckily i have an old backup to be able to post this message.

these are the symptoms:
all wireless internet connectivity does not function ( i did not even try plugging in the cable, i figured i better stay away)
the turn off computer button in the start menu is gone.
the run command prompt is gone
I am not allowed to access task manager or registry edit.
my startup files have been reduced to (5) five.
and when it does start up i get this error "windows\servicepackfiles\winlogon.exe" is missing or corrupt.

I copied all my important, documents to an external harddrive and powered it off. i am mad.

the McAfee found the virus as windows\system32\mswsock.dll and referred to it as generic proxy.a
I went to their site and they have no info on such things.

I am going to try and run "Trojan Remover" program on the computer tomorrow cause i saw it here on this site, but i would love any recommendations or feedback on my current situation. Thanks again!

Advertisements