Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Diskeeper Defrag Software

• Please log in to reply

oldertoot

oldertoot

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I was wondering if anyone had used Diskeeper defrag software on their PC's and if so, your comments, opinions, etc would be welcome. The $64,000 question is: Does it really work in the background at certain opportunities that it gets without compromising system resources? Thank you.

Advertisements

arborman

arborman

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Yes, it does work nicely in the background without compromising system resources. That has been my experience. You can monitor it yourself using the taskmanager type display built into the diskeeper program.

You can also download the demo versions from the diskeeper website to evaluate it before purchase. I'd strongly recommend you do that to make sure that it meets your expectations. I always try before I buy with my hard-earned money.