Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Making a font size reduction permanent in FireFox/Safari

• Please log in to reply

manu08

manu08

• PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
I've got a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop running Windows XP Professional. The maximum resolution that I can set is 1024x768 & this is not at all enough to view much on the screen.
Mozilla FireFox & Safari 3 beta are the browsers I use to surf the web. They both have an option of reducing the font size. However, if the font size is reduced, when you open a new window/tab the font size returns to its default level. Any way of making this font size reduction permanent as it can be rather annoying having to do it everytime you open something new?
I've also tried this with another browser--K Meleon--and it worked in the same way as Safari and FireFox.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Setting font sizes in my FF doesn't revert back to a default size. Once you have set the size in Tools, Options on the Content tab they should stay to size you've set. You need to set more by clicking the Advanced button on the same tab. Might set minimum font while you are at it. These should not change unless you have the box checked to allow web pages to use their own font sizes.

Same should work for Safari and IE. Alternative is to set all your system fonts from the Advanced Appearance Window by clicking on the Advanced button on the Appearance tab.

Ron

Edited by Major Payne, 02 July 2007 - 06:15 PM.