Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with my graphics card/drivers

• Please log in to reply

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
So it was running too hot? What's your temps now?

OI OI OI QUEENSLANDER!!! :whistling:

Advertisements

peterdavies79

peterdavies79

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Well I'm not sure if it was running too hot. The last time it crashed I checked on the Nvidia desktop manager when I restarted the comp and it was at 58 degrees but as I understand it these cards can handle a constant 80 or so and the threshold is default set at a whopping 125 degrees. I got speedfan from your link in you replies and all the temps listed where either a green tick or a blue down arrow which to me indicate its all ok.
I did play a big game of AofE last night and I didn't have a problem so maybe it has cured the problem. I'm only guessing but perhaps it was my motherboard running too hot. It seemed really strange to me that the heatsink on my graphics card is underneath the card? Surely heat rises and so the heat being released through the heatsink was going straight back up into the card. But then again it was only running at 58 degrees after crashing.
I don't know whats going on and if its fixed or what. I'll just see how I go.