Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vertical Line in XP

• Please log in to reply

vandy78

vandy78

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Toshiba Quismo F15 that just started displaying a vertical line when the XP blue screen to login appears. It doesn't happen on the black Windows XP logo screen. I have unplugged and tried a monitor and it doesn't happen so I am thinking it is a hardware issue, not a Video Card. The Video Card was just replaced 45 days ago. The funny thing is that is disppears sometimes. It just appeared on day after I had a window opened just part of the way. It is almoist like the window was on the screen for an extended time and left a mark, kind of like when you leave a glass of water onb a table for a long time and it leaves a ring. I ahve tried everything to make sure it doesn't appear, but it seems to always come back and then fade back out for a little bit eventually. It doesn't appear to impact the functionality of the machine, but is just a pain having it on the screen. I appreciate any insight in this.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Try the computer on a new working monitor. If the problems continue, get the card replaced. If they don't, get a new monitor.

Seamey. T

Seamey. T

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hi,
I had the same problem with my daughters laptop, (Toshiba Satellite Pro L10)the vertical line was there one minute and then gone the next.This went on for a few months then one day she turned it on and there was vertical lines all over the screen,panic set in.Plugged an external monitor into the laptop and worked without any problem so that ruled out the graphics card,ended up having to replace the LCD Screen.

Searched on Google for days and eventually got one for my model, and they are not cheap,£150.
Have to say though I was really pleased when I got it,it was one of the new glossy kind and looks fantastic.

Try this link to find your nearest TASP (http://pcrepair.toshiba.com/)they will give you any advice,even repair if you are still under warranty.

In the mean time,look at this link for replacement LCD Screens (http://www.screentekinc.com/)

Hope this helps you.