Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gunz

• Please log in to reply

Rik111

Rik111

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
i just downloaded gunz and i wanted to check it out... when i log in i can chat and whatnot in the lobby. when i join a game, my chat box fills with "Agent Error" messages, but i can still see the "jon killed suzie" etc messages. i understand the game works alot like a torrent, where the info is sent between players, not to a game server? i've tried port forwarding (http://portforward.c...WRT54Gindex.htm) and DMZ on both router and later directly to modem, to the same effect. I'm stumped. ANY ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running past recommended specs,

modem= Speedstream6520
router= Linksys WRT54G

I can run ANY other game with 0 problems. dont even have to forward ports.

The ports in question are default 7700-7800. i've changed them to "6000" and "7600-7900."

the following is a quote from Cephalectomy from gunzfactor.com:
"Gunz does not connect to a "game server" to conduct its games. It connects directly from your computer to every single other person in the game. GunZ just does not know how to discern the IP address of someone on a local to global network. IE your lan to the internet. On the local network you have an individual IP, but on the global network (internet) you use the IP of the computer/router/whatever connected to the internet directly."

Again any help would be appreciated.
-Rik

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
gunz is a game that had great potential, but the developer laid an egg. It is known to have lots of bugs and issues. In previous posts regarding Gunz, we haven't been able to find any solutions to issues people have had.