Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deep Freeze Standard 6.20.220.1692 Not Loading on Reboot (SOLVED)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

retrac1324

retrac1324

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I recently installed Deep Freeze Standard 6.20.220.1692 on my PC and the it automatically rebooted (as it should), when it logged into Windows XP Home SP2, the following dialog appeared:

Posted Image

I can move the mouse and the LEDs on the keyboard are on, but I cannot click the Yes or No buttons or use Enter/Tab to press the Yes/No buttons. After a few seconds the dialog disappears and I am only shown with my desktop background and my cursor. The taskbar is not visible or anything else. Ctrl+Alt+Delete nor does nothing as does Shift+Alt+Ctrl+F6. I have tried booting into safemode and cannot uninstall Deep Freeze because it says the DF must be disabled (which I do not know how to disable, as the DF icon is not present in the taskbar [safemode] and Shift+Alt+Ctrl+F6 still does nothing).

I would really like to know what is going on, either a way to uninstall DF or a way to get past the password set dialog (and get to actually using my computer).

Thanks,

retrac1324

EDIT - Just waited half an hour and it loaded :whistling:

Edited by retrac1324, 06 July 2007 - 01:18 AM.

Advertisements