Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Access2003- Database Layout Help

• Please log in to reply

ChrisWright

ChrisWright

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hello,

Admittedly, I am somewhat a novice in MS Access, but have had some experience (I created a small system, 3 tables and 2 relationships).

However, with trying to create a system for a relative I have found myself stuck for how to layout this system, for example the tables and relationships required. Hopefully, a 'greater being' will be lurking around GtG, eager to help :whistling:

Problem-
Record keeping system, for a collection of booklets.

Each booklet is uniquely identified by an ID number, and then classified into 4 different possible kinds of booklet. Each booklet is made up of a number of pages, which can vary (but is never greater than 10 pages). Each page belongs to a set type, of 10 different varieties. Each type of booklet and each type of page has a set (£) value. The Booklet has the value of its pages added and then compared to the value of the booklet, to find which is greater, which is known as the 'Actual Value'.

In the attached JPEG, I hope to have explained this slightly more clearly.

Thank for reading, hopefully someone can help!
Chris

Attached Thumbnails

• DB_Design.jpg

Advertisements