Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Internet Disconnects

• Please log in to reply

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Thanks guys :whistling:

Advertisements

Barrock

Barrock

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

i'd personally call rogers about this...if the old modem worked flawlessly but two new ones (of the exact same model) do not work (either with a router or direct connect) then i'd be pointing to a config error on their side...they may not have provisioned the modem correctly or something may be wrong with your connection (as far as settings are concerned)...you've also already said that it doesn't make a different which computer is connected...they all do the same thing right? that should rule out a system misconfiguration

Ok, Rogers shall be called.

Thanks so much to everyone who tried to help me with this problem, it is really appreciated :whistling:.
It's funny how the best service is sometimes free.

I'll definitely be back to leech more help next time I have a Computer issue.

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
I had a similar problem with the same brand and model modem. It turned out to be tree rats (squirrels) chewing through the outside casing on the coax between the house and the service on the pole. The tech, with Cox, stated that the moisture entered the coax causing the ground to fail. They ran new coax from the pole and into the house. Have not had a problem since.
This may not be your problem, but if your coax is very old (in my case 30+ years), cracked, or chew that may be worth a look.

Just a thought.