Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Increasing HD to get onto Internet?

• Please log in to reply

jstefan

jstefan

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I am trying to connect my 94 year-old father-in-law to the internet. I have an older Hewlett Packard Pavilion with 63 GB. I was trying NetZero as an internet provider, but it says that it needs 64 GB. I tried anyways, and as soon as it tries to hook up, I get an error message 0D. I'm thinking it needs one more GB. Is there anyway around this? It is an older computer, and I don't even know if he'll like it, so I hate spending the money on it. Thanks for your help!

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Welcome to G2G.

The requirement of 64gb? is unknown. I think it is a typo on your part. The system requirements are as follows: SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS.

The 64mb is amount of ram. Download everest from my signature and it will tell you what the comp has.
You only need 12mb of HD space to install the program.
I have not found what the error code "OD" is. I am still looking.

jstefan

jstefan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
You are right, it was a typo... it is 64MB is required. My computer has only 63MB... is there something I can do besides adding more memory? thank u!

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I think you have other issues. I can't imagine that 1 mb will cause it to fail. The ram is memory. It would cause it to moperate a little slower.

What is the exact error you got, because I did not find a "OD" code.

HERE are the trouble codes from Netzero.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If the machine is using onboard graphics that will be where the missing megabyte has gone.
The best solution is to feed the machine more physical memory, this will help it no end.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Go to 4ALL MEMORY or to CRUCIAL to check your system.

jstefan

jstefan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you for your replies... I can't really go to that website on the Hewlett, as I can't even get on to the internet with it. I used my current computer and went to the site, it did give me some ideas on buying memory. How do I feed it more physical memory? I don't know what onboard graphics are. Thanks again!

jstefan

jstefan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Okay, I spent much of today defragmenting the computer.. and I tried it again. The error message that came up was: A fatal exception 06 has occurred at 000:000005B5. The current application will be terminated. AHHHHHHH... please help! I'm very tempted to pitch this whole thing.