Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Pro 7.0 Printing problems

• Please log in to reply

ndong

ndong

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have been printing pdf files on a HP 800ps plotter with no problems until recently. I tried to print some files and the plotter only prints a single line down the left side of the paper. I tried changing paper sizes but the results are the same. I changed printers to a HP 4050N and still the results are the same. I have hundreds of pdf files that do print OK on both printers. Is there some way to tell if these files are damaged or not converted correctly?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I can only recommend that you make sure you have the latest updates applied. After that it's only a matter of trial and error. It is very possible these documents did not convert correctly.

ndong

ndong

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have been printing pdf files on a HP 800ps plotter with no problems until recently. I tried to print some files and the plotter only prints a single line down the left side of the paper. I tried changing paper sizes but the results are the same. I changed printers to a HP 4050N and still the results are the same. I have hundreds of pdf files that do print OK on both printers. Is there some way to tell if these files are damaged or not converted correctly?

ndong

ndong

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks,
I believe the files must not have been converted properly. I was able to print them by converting them to TIF files then printing them from Mircrosoft Office Document Imaging.