Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ut 2004 stuttering

• Please log in to reply

cheema

cheema

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
I have 8800 gtx and vista (32 bit) installed. When I play UT 2004 the game starts stuttering. My ping is always below 50 but it feels really laggish. I have the latest drivers and I even tried the newer beta driver for my gfx card. However, this did not resolve the issue. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
set game graphics settings lower
to high settings can result in freezing/stuttering

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts

set game graphics settings lower
to high settings can result in freezing/stuttering

You'd think that a 8800GTX could handle an older game such as this on highest settings no sweat... if that doesn't work, it's probably just that the Vista drivers aren't that great yet.

Edited by stettybet0, 10 July 2007 - 02:33 PM.

cheema

cheema

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Lower settings still have stuttering. It is not an issue that the gfx card can't handle it. It is an issue with the nvidia driver. I was just wondering if there were any solutions out there. Are there?

==SpuD==

==SpuD==

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
yeer sorry forgot you said you have 8800GTX
it should easily handle ut2004
as stettybet said its probaly just vista drivers as its very new with no patches
you could try this driver if its not the one you have
http://downloads.gur...ad.php?det=1520

hope this helps

cheema

cheema

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
I ran ut2004 in xp x64 as well and back when i had an x1900xt it ran fine but now in xp x64 with 8800gtx there is still stuttering. So I narrowed it down to the nvidia driver.

Edited by cheema, 11 July 2007 - 12:12 PM.