Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ghost recon advanced warfighter

• Please log in to reply

Rocket0508

Rocket0508

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I recently downloaded the beta Graw However when i tried to play it the game informed me that I had Graphic Drive 6599 and that it needs 7.1 or higher. It seems that my computer was up to par on everything else but for some reason the game doesn't play properly. I need some help plz.

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
I would upgrade the graphics driver.........

Rocket0508

Rocket0508

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have tried upgrading the graphic driver a couple of times. Is that what is meant when said graphic drive 7.1 or higher?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
...that can't be the full error...write down EXACTLY what it tells you when it fails and post that here..

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I got GRAW2 a few days ago(completed it yesterday pretty good game although not sure if i like it as much as the 1st). I got that exact same message i just went to the ATI website got the latest drivers restarted my system and it worked just fine. If you update and keep getting the error ignore it and try it anyway it should work fine.

Rocket0508

Rocket0508

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have tried to upgrade the drivers, however when the computer is supposed to restart to make the drivers take affect it comes up with some error and does not restart my computer making me believe that the driver did not take affect. Now I am more confused than before. :whistling:

P.S That has been the only thing that the game has told me when it fails. Also I have tried to ignore it and play the game but the game plays with terrible video lag.

I think i have a decent video card and computer that would allow the game to work fine I could be wrong; 2 gigs of ddr ram 512 ddr 2 video 1600 pro ATI radeon.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Did you try manually restarting your computer after installation? I have found that the GRAW games a very CPU intensive. What kind of CPU do you have?

Rocket0508

Rocket0508

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Amd 64 athlon dual 2.20 Ghz 2.00 gig ram AMD hammer family processor

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Did Warriorscot's suggestion followed by a manual restart not work? Have you tried completly uninstalling your old drivers first? Turn off any firewalls or real time malware protection during installation because they are known to give driver installation a bit of trouble.

Rocket0508

Rocket0508

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for all your help but i gave up on the game.