Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

gigabyte Geforce 7800 256mb GT issues

• Please log in to reply

Richenstony

Richenstony

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hey everyone im a 1st time user of this fourm , and i just wanted to say what a great layout you have truley.....

My problem starts as followed:

Ok guys this is starting to anoy me a little now , i have all the right spec for battlefield 2142 and my computer just doesnt want to run it smoothley , im getting nofing but lag , i have adjusted my settings on all formats on my graphics card as well as the game itself , i have adjusted the grahpics in game as well to my video systems settings on my grahpics card to be coherent with everything ..... but ive go nofing ive tryed updateing all my drivers on every bit of hardware on my computer and it still lags ......... it doesnt just lag online it also lags offline , so i know it cnt been my internet connection .....

Every other game i play plays fine........halo , castle wolfstein , but that raises more questions as halo is a cd and online , im thinking it might be something to do with the fact my computer is finding it hard to read a dvd-rom...i could be wrong about my dvd-rom

Please please help

Thanks for reading ! :whistling:

Edited by Richenstony, 09 July 2007 - 08:37 AM.

Advertisements

Bobbydoo8

Bobbydoo8

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
Well "Long Time Reader, First Time Writer" welcome to the forums....

As for your card mine is semi-similar so I figured I would try and guide ya.....

If you're running vista, I had major lag in-game when trying to play BF2142, but whenever I dualbooted back over to XP it runs just fine. Umm....sounds like ya did all the normal stuff to fix lag on graphics cards, I would just turn everything down and then see how it runs.

My other computer was having major issues looking around without getting huge amounts of lag, just popped in a 512mb stick and it runs great now.

Richenstony

Richenstony

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Sorry i dint reply , i checked on a few times but no-one had replyied :/ so i left it ..... erm so yh my computer overall memory is fine chap, everything on it is custom built to suit my needs when i made my computer i only had gaeming at heart and at mind 1.2gbs of ram is more than enough ram to play this game.....im using vista now when we lst spoke i wasnt do you think this game will run better on vista ????