Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox 360 cannot detect my computer

• Please log in to reply

everLong77

everLong77

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello
I'm having some trouble connecting my Xbox to my computer for media sharing purposes.
I've tried everything I can think of (opening all the required ports, WMP11, Zune)
WMP11 and Zune do detect my 360 when I enable media sharing. It is just when I try to detect my computer from my 360 that I run in to problems.
I'm using the Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter and I am able to connect to Xbox Live using it.
I'm not exactly sure what the problem could be.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Advertisements

deathcry

deathcry

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
i am having the same problems with my 360 and connecting it to my computer, only i am using a wired connection but still no luck, i have had my 360 connected before but now it wont. when i can come across a solution i will let you know, i may have to contact xbox service.

papiotatos

papiotatos

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok here is the SOLUTION!!! after hours and hours of hacking..

Start / Run... type: services.msc then OK

Check this 3 services (it's A MUST if you want to detect your device - PS3).

SSDP Discovery Service <<<<< Start this one first Make and make it Automatic (right click properties).already enabled, switched to automatic
Universal Plug and Play Device Host << then this one same as one above already enabled, switched to automatic
Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service <<< then this one... will not stay started, it starts and then it says it had to stop. switched to automatic

if you get any errors like 1068 -79.. etc simple google errors and you will find easy solution.

i got error 1068 that means you need to have SSDP Discovery Service running before starting Universal Plug and Play Device Host

after that use that simple 5/6 step procedure and R'n'R thats it!!!

ps. I found the answer at the following PS3 forum:

http://boardsus.play...thread.id=46583

lewey1988

lewey1988

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hah this is brilliant finally got mine to work using this method thank you loads!!!!!

calamos

calamos

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I also have the same problems described by the first couple posts, however I was unable to fix the problem with the helpful post above...

"Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" does not show under my list of services for some reason and I do not know why. I have used my xbox 360 to watch dozens of movies I have ripped on my laptop, mostly because it is much easier to access that way rather than constantly changing the disk when I would rather leave a video game in the disk tray...

If anyone could tell me why I am have this problem please reply!

sanso4501

sanso4501

• Pip
  • 1 posts
How do I go about burning xbox games? Is there a software somewhere? My discs are getting scrached up and I want to burn a copy before my brother breaks them and they arnt playable. Whats the best or easiest way? Thanks!