Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Update Troubles

• Please log in to reply

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I tried doing the updates again just to see if they would work. They didn't. I attached the screen shot of what I am getting after when they fail. It says something along the lines of something is preventing me from installing the updates. I have attached the screen shots. Please let me know what you think. Thank you.

Attached Files

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Go here and manually install the update. Then reboot and double check the add/remove programs. I am trying to determine if they are being installed but not shown properly.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Have you used the Troubleshooter link yet?

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Alright I just tried manually doing it like you suggested and I got and error. I attached the screen shot of it. Do you think this has something to do with what the problem is?

Attached Files

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Yeah I tried the troubleshooter link but its really not helping me.

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Is there a file where all the updates get stored? If so Is there a way for me to manually remove them then try and do the update once again?

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
What the update does is add / update existing files on your computer. If you can install one manually and it shows ok then at least you know that it updates.

You can reinstall the update in xp by going here

that may help out the situation.

Edited by jaxisland, 10 July 2007 - 10:58 AM.

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I know its been over a week since I have gotten back to this but I'm still having the same trouble. I try to install the updates and it just will not take. Does anyone have any suggestions please.

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I am still haveing the same problem with my windows update and I was hoping someone could help me out. Thanks