Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Saving Animations

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you get it to work with Yahoo, it should work if you send from comcast

Advertisements

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
If I send the message from Comcast with animations attached to it, I only have to open the file and copy it to paste it into my signature, so it worked just as we thought . . . well, you thought of it first. I haven't tried sending it from one Yahoo account to another yet though.

Attached Thumbnails

• Chicken_Naked_2_dancing.gif

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
Actually, I spoke too fast. When I clicked on the animation to open it, it opens as an animation. When I copied it from the email and attached it to my signature, it was animated, but when I checked the email, it wasn't there, just a box with some symbols in the upper left hand corner of the box.

I've been trying to do this for about 5 years now and since I know more about computers now than I did 5 years ago, I thought I'd have a go at it again. I don't understand why it doesn't work when the directions that are given are followed. It's a mind boggler.

Denise

Edited by Denisejm, 10 July 2007 - 10:26 PM.

Denisejm

Denisejm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
Hi Keith,

I found the way it'll work. Maybe you meant this all along but I didn't see it.

I have the animations saved to a folder in my hdd. I uploaded them to an email body using Comcast and I sent them my Yahoo email. I copied the animation and pasted it to my signature block and sent myself an email and it had the animation in it.

It just took 5 hours and I'll be late for work tomorrow because it's almost 1 am here. . . :whistling:

Thanks again Keith. Your help was much appreciated.

Denise

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It was almost 6 am here :whistling:

Glad it works now

Thank You for letting me know