Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing a Slave drive

• Please log in to reply

frickstyle

frickstyle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just installed a second hard drive (Samsung 80 GB) in my computer. The computer can detect it and is shown in CMOS as primary slave, device is also listed under Device Manager and shows that device is working properly. The problem is that the hard drive is not listed under my computer and there is no way to access the drive. I bought the drive for two options, either copy all files from existing hard drive (use as back up drive) and reformat primary drive, or use new HDD and keep old HDD for backup. Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks

Windows XP
480 MB Ram
120 GB hardrive
Pentium 4
MSI mainboard

Advertisements

The one

The one

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
ok friend what u need to do is right click my computer (not shortcut) then manage then disk management and then under there it will be and will say unallocated and there is an option in there to format or partition or summit i cant remember the specific but something along them lines.

james