Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trend Micro

• Please log in to reply

kerlerecman

kerlerecman

• Pip
  • 4 posts
After years and years of using McAfee, I finally switched to Trend Micro and regret it already. It seems that I can't run Trend Micro without locking up my computer. Tried changing several setting to no avail. Does anyone have a suggestion or similar experience with Trend Micro?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This can be caused by your failing to remove McAfee before you installed Trend. One must never run two virus checkers together, they will fight and cause lock-ups.

kerlerecman

kerlerecman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks, Neil. But I did uninstall McAfee before installing Trend Micro.

Any other ideas?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does the online version run, you need to change the location to suit

http://uk.trendmicro...call_launch.php

kerlerecman

kerlerecman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes, the on-line version runs. The PC Penicillin version that I have will perform a scan, which is the only way that I can keep my PC up. If I browse the Internet or receive and send emails with Trend Micro in the background, it locks up. If I disable Trend Micro, the system runs fine. ??????

bar5

bar5

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hi:

There is an upgraded version of PC-Cillin 2007, version 15.3, that you can D/L and use your present license. This is a FREE upgrade from the boxed CD. Here is link, D/L the upgrade kit as it will keep all your latest definition files.

TrendMicro 2007

You probably have not had your CD version long enough to get email. This is how I found out about new version.

It may solve your problem, not sure, but it is FREE, why not try it.

Barb

kerlerecman

kerlerecman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks, Barb. I'll try it.

bar5

bar5

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Thanks, Barb. I'll try it.

One other thing in case you have Spybot S&D. It is NOT compatible with TrendMicro 2007. When you install this latest version, it will ask your permission to uninstall it. I did, as I paid for TM and Spybot is free.

Good luck

Barb