Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pending fatherhood

• Please log in to reply

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Due date has come and gone, bub must really like it in there! It'll come when it comes, just thought I'd keep you posted. It's really funny because on the due date (last Tuesday), I got hit by a car at work (nothing too serious) and had to go to hospital, and the nurses were laughing so hard because I was the one in hospital and my wife was at home not having the baby...

That is funny, ruthandtroy ... well I guess, not really. You don't need to worry about these kinds of things right now. I've been checking regularly for your addition to this post and got quite excited when I saw you had posted. Oh, well, it can't be too much longer.

A little birthing tip that worked extremely well for me .... tell Ruth not to experience the contractions as pain, but to psyche into them being "rushes of energy". We tend to brace ourselves against pain which doesn't allow the body to do it's thing as well (and quickly). If we experience them as waves of energy pushing through our body - sure they're painful, but our mind is then working with the body rather than against it. Don't know if this makes sense!

Good luck to both of you and we'll be looking out for your new baby post and pics.

Advertisements

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
Ruth andTroy:

Good Luck to you both, and enjoy fatherhood - it is an experience that will change your lives forever, and you will never forget it :whistling:

Brian

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts

I've been checking regularly for your addition to this post and got quite excited when I saw you had posted

Wow this really is like family isn't it? I've been getting messages and e-mails and phone calls from my family and friends asking the same thing, and now you're excited too? Example: My mum is working at a hospital in Perth (other side of Australia if anyone wants to know) and the old ladies in her care get so excited every time she comes on shift. They always ask her "Has the baby arrived yet" and they talk about it all day and one of the ladies prays every day for our baby. It's just so funny because I've never met them, and yet this baby means so much to a lot of people...

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Okay well it's official, I'm now a father. Thanks for helping me through this stage! So, what next?

The handsome young man entered the world at 11.08pm AEST, Thursday 30th August, 2007. He weighed 8 pound 6, measured 55cm long and 36.5cm around the head. That's about all I can remember right now. It was quite a short labour (8 hours), but it was induced because he was so late. She only took some gas, she was screaming for an epidural but the baby came before the doctor could bring it... It was definitely an amazing experience and not one I want to repeat ever again... :whistling: Unless I have to... Once we've got some photos, I'll try and resize one so I can post it for everyone's benefit.

Thanks again! :blink:

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Hey hey!!! Congradulations, glad everyone is doing well, please send pics and updates!!!

My friend you are now beginning the journey that will transform your family for the better forever!!!

Give my regards to the new mother as well! :whistling:

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
ruthandtroy,

Hey, congratulations!! It's about time you responded to this thread with some news! :whistling: I'm happy for you and your wife - that's very exciting news. I'm glad everyone is healthy and doing well. We look forward to pics (well, and maybe a name - ruthandtroyand?).

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Once we've got some photos, I'll try and resize one so I can post it for everyone's benefit.

....watch out...i've got photoshop and i'm not afraid to use it

congratulations! in a few years you'll have slave labor!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts

....watch out...i've got photoshop and i'm not afraid to use it

Oh goody, I'll just e-mail them to you then and you can "fix" them and post them, sound good, dsenette?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Congratulations, ruthandtroy! :whistling:

And so the journey begins....cherish every single moment!

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
Troy, hearty congratulations and best wishes to Ruth and to you. Don't worry, Mother Nature has a way of letting you forget the gory bits and then they are replaced by the wonder and love you have for your little one. You'll do it again! You'll probably be bombarded with lots of other people's experiences and advice (including this, ha, ha, ha!), when all you both need is your own 'gut feeling' - instinct is natural and comes in to play very strongly when you have children (well it did for me). The best advice I ever got was after my first child was born when we took him to our local 70 years old GP to introduce him. I asked him if he could recommend a good medical book about children and he told us that the only reference we would ever need was our own intuition - pretty radical really for an old guy and that was 26 years ago.
Enjoy :whistling:

Advertisements

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Oh goody, I'll just e-mail them to you then and you can "fix" them and post them, sound good, dsenette?

No, no, no - ruthandtroy. Be afraid, be very afraid - once dsenette gets photoshop onto baby photos they don't look very much like babies anymore!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Thanks everyone. Just for the record, I think the older doctors are the way to go, they have been around for long enough to actually see what does and doesn't work, instead of just happily saying "This works" because the drug companies fund them to say it...

lilmama

lilmama

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Troy: I have to tell you that I am totally exhausted! :whistling: I've watched/read this Thread since it began. First off, I extend to you and Ruth my heartiest congratulations -- (Please tell Ruth I said, "JOB WELL DONE!!!!")

Two observations from an old person: #1: Ruth was/is extremely lucky/smart to have picked you to spend the rest of her life with. #2: You are gonna be one fine dad!

I am happy for the three of you.

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
Congrats to you and the wife, I can still remember when my first was born.
(I just took my oldest to college, where did the time go?)

If you need some advice or just need to talk, give a yell.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Congrats indeed :whistling: Life as you once knew it will never be the same again but you'll love it :blink:

(I just took my oldest to college, where did the time go?)

Mine just drove himself for his sophomore year and I m much younger then you Harry :help: