"How to upgrade firmware"
1. Download the attached "Bin file(firmware)" and "Sfdnwin.exe file(download
program)" into a temporary folder.
2. When you run "Sfdnwin.exe", Pop-up window will appear. you can see your ROM-
drive(s) in the Pop-up window.
Then choose the drive whose firmware you want to upgrade.
ex)Drive:SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B/T900
3. You will see three icons on the top from left.
If you click the first icon from left, you can see "Investigation window" then open
the firmware file that you already downloaded to the temporary folder.
4. You will see the message" Ready" after finding the firmware file that you want.
Then click the middle icon on the top of left. Then your firmware will be upgraded
5. When you finish upgrading firmware , reboot your pc automatically.
Sfdnwin.exe : A program which can make your drive download our firmware(s) in Windows.
(It's for only Windows) "
According to Samsung "When you run "Sfdnwin.exe", Pop-up window will appear. you can see your ROM-
drive(s) in the Pop-up window."
THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN!
There are no Rom drives in the pop-up window, so I can't do anything.
I went into setup on reboot and there are no CD drives listed there either. So this is where I am at this time. Any suggestions on how I can get the CDRW/DVD back into my Bios and my System? I can't install any more sortware without the CD drive.