Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Retrieve Excel spreadsheet

• Please log in to reply

idahoqsi

idahoqsi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
After 4 1/2 hours of working on a very complex spreadsheet I copied to a different worksheet to use data. I decided it would work better if I began again so I deleted to new sheet and returned to the original to copy again---it was BLANK!! The only thing that I can figure is I must have hit Cut instead of Copy. Needless to say there has been a lot of "blue air" and beating myself about the head.
Does anyone know of ANY way to salvage the lost worksheet??

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Assuming you hadn't used copy & paste in the meantime you could have pasted it back.
But if you hadn't saved the work and you'd used copy & paste in the meantime, there's no way to get it back now.

Moral of the story - save and save often!

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
only thing I can think of is if you didn't copy anything else after copying/cutting the original stuff. If you didn't copy anything else after then it might still be copied to the clipboard, as Neil Jones suggested. Other than that I don't know what you could do.

Edited by ViprXX, 13 July 2007 - 01:46 AM.