Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with laptop graphics Card

• Please log in to reply

anna217

anna217

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an Aspire laptop 5610-2273 (new). (intel pentium dual-core processor T2060, 1.60 GHz 533 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache, 15.4" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite LCD 16ms, intel graphics media accelerator 950)
Well im having graphics card problems (i think) Im a big gamer so i love to play computer games. But when i play warcraft3, World Of Warcraft, Pirate King Online etc. it crashes. My computer goes blank and makes a low beeping noice so then i shut it off. Well i also an artist and want to get a animation art program for my computer. Idk what to do cuz of my graphics card problem. Is there a way that i can get a new graphics card for my laptop? or is it built in to the motherbroad so there is no way to put it in? I need a quick fix without getting a new computer.

Advertisements

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
The intel video on acers are integrated into the motherboard. They cannont be upgraded. I would recomned selling the acer and getting a dell XPS.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
hudihoo is correct on the integrated part, but I reccomend you building your own custom gaming PC from http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/. I ordered a custom PC from their and I am completly happy with it. If you have any questions about building a PC feel free to post in the System Building and Upgrading forum