Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Generic Host Process Problem

• Please log in to reply

Kazer

Kazer

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Sometimes when I'm browsing the internet, a message randomly pops up on my screen that says "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then my internet stops working. It says I'm still connected but it actually doesn't work at all. It happens randomly, anywhere from 10 minutes after I turn on my computer or after hours of browsing. When I restart my computer, however, everything is fine again until the message pops up again. I haven't installed any new programs recently, except Spy Sweeper. I swept with that and found only one spyware which I deleted, but that was days ago. I've uninstalled Spy Sweeper now. This problem started yesterday. Is this some kind of malware or virus? If so, can somebody please help me get rid of it?

- Kazer

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Malware is often the cause of your error, but applications like Spysweeper just aren't thorough enough to find all the bad stuff. Some of it is very good at hiding deep in the OS and defeating all the but the best malware scanners. You need to run "HijackThis" and post it's report to the malware forum here, for the HJT experts to look at: http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

Read the "pinned" posts on that forum if you want more info