Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird window problem

• Please log in to reply

soske

soske

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
This might sound pretty vague or even unrecognized but my program windows keep flashing and like, unselecting themselves? I've already had to reclick my mouse into this forum text box several times because the window blinks and the cursor leaves. It repeatedly happens with any window as long as it's open. If I'm typing in aim or something, the message box will flash and I'll have to reselect it and begin typing again. I don't know if it's anything very threatening but it's insanely annoying to say the least.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by soske, 16 July 2007 - 07:39 PM.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sometimes an indexing of HD files service may cause this. Do you have this turned on in Windows or perhaps something like Google's "handy" little tool bar with that options?

Ron

soske

soske

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Not that I know of.

I was having some spyware and pop-up issues (still am kind of but less severe it seems) and I never really had this problem until running some anti-virus and adware killers... if that helps explain anything?

Thanks for the response.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Do you have any of these applications running in the background at all times? You may be losing focus of current window that's open because of a scan going on contantly at intervals.

Ron

soske

soske

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yeah, I have Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 constantly running but it even happens on the anti-virus screen (if that makes sense?)

Edited by soske, 16 July 2007 - 09:02 PM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If this is doing a constant check at intervals, any window you have open may lose focus. Try disabling this app to stop it running. You may have to re-boot. Make sure it is not listed in your Start-up list or it will not be disabled.

Ron

soske

soske

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Crap, no dice. I disabled it and have the same problem. Sometimes it even just minimizes the window all together and pops up a different one I have open. It's nuts. I've got a few pop-ups here and there still too and I'm kind of tempted to post a hijack log.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
OK. Your OP didn't mention pop-ups appearing at random that were not regular opened programs. Yes, please go to the Malware section of this forum and follow the instructions at the top. Especially the Click Here link. That will give you several steps that will help you clean up most of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the cleanup process you are still having difficulty, and you may not be, then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Please be patient as the "Malware Forum" is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the Malware Section, please return to this thread. Please do not post a HiJackThis log in this thread unless asked to do so and then only as an attachment. To attach log, when requested, either change the .log extension to .txt, or put the log into a compressed (zipped) folder.

Please post back if your problem has been solved.

Ron

soske

soske

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I got everything squared away and I'm good to go.

Much thanks for your time and help (:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Glad you got the problem fixed. Would you please post your solution here for others who may have a similar problem and are following this topic? Thank you for using GTG.

Ron