Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD ( 0x000000f4 0x00000003 0x84dd9460 0x84dd95d4 0x805fa160

• Please log in to reply

dnav72

dnav72

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an older compaq computer and 2 days ago when I booted up I received the following errors:
Stop 0x000000f4
0x00000003
0x84dd9460
0x84dd95d4
0x805fa160

followed by the BSOD and starting a memory dump. We have added no new hw or software to the laptop. I was able to boot in safe mode for a few minutes but then the BSOD came out. I do not have any of the original bootable disks to even run any diagnostics. What are your recommendations on trying to fix it myself and/or a company to come try and fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The 0x000000f4 error is usually triggered by faulty RAM or a failing hard disk. There are free utilities you can run from a floppy to test both.

To test the RAM download Memtest86 from here: http://www.memtest.org/#downiso Click on the download link which is labelled "Pre-compiled package for floppy".

To test the hard drive you need to know what make it is first, then go it's maker's website and look for their diagnostic tool.

If either RAM or hard disk do indeed prove to be faulty after running the tests, they can be replaced at home by any competent computer user.