Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox seeing record number of users in Europe

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
XiTiMonitor, a French web metrics firm, has reported that Firefox's popularity as a web browser in Europe is growing.

The open-source alternative's user numbers are so high that Internet Explorer is in danger of losing its market share lead in some countries.

http://uk.news.yahoo...er-57dbc65.html

Advertisements

stealthyasallama

stealthyasallama

• Pip
  • 8 posts
go firefox!

ScorpioWulf

ScorpioWulf

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
It's not surprising, really, is it.
Firefox is a great piece of software and although it tends to crash and close a lot for me, it still stands strong against IE.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
To me reliablity stands far ahead of performance and lately the crashes are becoming increasingly annoying, though many seem to be fixed with their most recent patch. I'm really surprised FF is anywhere near IE in terms of users anywhere in the world. I think I need to personally reinstall FF because of the recent issues I have been having as of late.
James

Edited by james_8970, 25 July 2007 - 08:28 PM.