Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Access Issue on Only One Computer in Network

• Please log in to reply

jamiebowdoin

jamiebowdoin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all,

I tried a lot of what I saw in these forums, but I am still having an issue. I am running two computers on my network (a Mac and a PC). My old PC all of a sudden is having issues connecting to the internet.

When I tried to connect tonight, everything I entered into the address bar in IE7 just started a Google search. When I clicked on the link, I got a Server not Found error.

So, I intalled Firefox. No luck.

So, I followed the winsock and DNS flush instructions. No luck.

Everything is normal on our Mac, but the PC wont connect to any internet programs (web, iTunes, etc) even though the system is telling me that it has a "Very Good" connection the the internet.

I am running a firewall, but Firefox has permission. I also believe I have set-up a static IP address or 192.168.0.4, with the gateway as 192.168.0.1.

Anyone have any suggestions, or am I doing a full system restore?

Advertisements