Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can we improve Geeks to Go?

• Please log in to reply

Travza

Travza

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Greetings!

I've done a search of this topic to see if it has been mentioned before, but found nothing to indicate that it had so I figured I'd toss this out there. My sincerest apologies if it happens to have already been reported.

I was examining the FAQ and think I may have stumbled upon something of a bug. Within the FAQ there is a link to learn more about joining the Geeks To Go university. Upon clicking this link I am simply redirected to the main forum.

The url the FAQ references is:

http://www.geekstogo...ware-t4817.html

Has this page since been removed or had its URL changed?

After running a search the only link I found that contained information of the college was:

http://www.geekstogo...a...&page=GeekU

Is this the link that the FAQ is suppose to direct interested member too?

Thanks for your time,
~Travza

Advertisements

computerxpds

computerxpds

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 44 posts
yes i have also noted that when i click the link that is in out controls it does the same thing as mentioned in the post above me.

ldtate

ldtate

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 1,874 posts
  • MVP

yes i have also noted that when i click the link that is in out controls it does the same thing as mentioned in the post above me.

If you're interested in applying to Geeks To Go university, try this link:

http://www.geekstogo...ware-t4817.html

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Fixt! :)

Mychael

Mychael

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Well I'm a little disappointed in the couple of weeks now that I've been a member I've been able to have a go at answering a couple of easier questions but my own two queries have lain pretty much unanswered. One had one reply which though helpful did not solve the problem and my other query has had no responses at all.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
If its been 3 days or more, please post Here, with a link to your original topic.

If it hasn’t been three days, try to remain calm, and remember we are all volunteers here, and we do have our own personal lives and responsibilities. There are hundreds of other uses also waiting for help as well :).

Prince112

Prince112

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
You can improve this site by replying more fast.. Replies are not given even after 4 days..

Well thats my personal experience..

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
@Prince112
If its been 3 days or more, please post Here, with a link to your original topic.

If it hasn’t been three days, try to remain calm, and remember we are all volunteers here, and we do have our own personal lives and responsibilities. There are hundreds of other uses also waiting for help as well :).

If your topic has been missed we apologize, but do keep in mind we work for free here and there are a lot of others making new topics, too.

Regards,
Olrik

MS-Free

MS-Free

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
Real simple suggestion for improvement after the upgrade:

Make geekstogo.com/forum/search.html (I think that was the old address - how quickly I forget...) redirect to the new default search page. Preferably with "forum" as the selected search area - but I'll take it as-is if that's asking too much.

I'm not big on bookmarking pages as I prefer to be able to get to any pages I'd want to bookmark easily from any machine I may be at. Especially as a GeekU trainee I find myself running forum searches frequently - http://www.geekstogo...&search_in=core is kind of a mess of an address to try to memorize.

Also - without any obvious reference to any search page in the default skin - this takes what was already a somewhat hidden feature and obscures it further.

Edited by MS-Free, 07 December 2010 - 11:54 AM.

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Hello,

I have been helped by Geeks many times, several extensively!

I think it would be helpful to have a 'How to set up your new computer' guide. I would imagine there are many generic programs installed that can be removed, or suggestions made for what should be removed. Repartitioning may be considered also. The usual start-up items can be removed. Also included would be Geeks' list of helpful programs to download and warnings about possible conflicts.

I'm sure there are other areas that should be included (or links to those guides). These are just some quick thoughts as I wonder about changing my store demo Vista computer!

I am wondering if it's this Vista doesn't show all on Geeks site or if Geeks removed their recommended malware/spyware/bug programs section.

Thanks to ALL the Geeks who help us!!

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
This guide might help for the security issues

http://www.geekstogo...safe-computing/

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Make geekstogo.com/forum/search.html... redirect to the new default search page.

Great suggestion. Done! :)

Maleko12

Maleko12

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I would recommend having someone (Geek U and above) constantly monitoring "The Waiting Room" forum. There are some responses currently that haven't been responded to since the 14th (not mine, but still). I personally feel if someone has waited a few days and posted a topic in the waiting room (and of course following the criteria the forum has mentioned) it should get higher priority.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
We do have standards for monitoring the Waiting Room; however, not every question can be answered. Sometimes people end up there because no one has an answer for them. While we do our best to respond to every post, we are only human and we are only volunteers. I'll certainly take a look at what's there right now, but I assure you that we watch that forum and we bring our staff's attention to it when needed.

Ehsanit

Ehsanit

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Would it be possible to have some sort of preview (e.g. Title, onMouseover) of the opening post (or first bit of the opening post if it's long) to a thread so that it's easier to gauge what kind of question is being asked before actually loading the page. After all, people don't always provide very precise titles.