Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Top LCD monitor manufactures

• Please log in to reply

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
I was planing to get a new monitor and I was wondering, what are some good manufactures? People say that Samsungs are pretty good and Dells are good too. I do a lot of gaming, watch movies, and I want to use Vista sidebar more efficiently. So I was planing to get a 19-20" widescreen with a contrast ratio of at least 1000:1 or even 900:1, a response time lower then 9 ms, and a DVI connection. I am looking at this Dell but it is a 19" and I would like to try to get a 20", if I can (Dell does not make a 20" with a contrast ratio of 1000:1 or >). http://accessories.u...mp;sku=320-5629

So I am just asking what are some good manufactures that are not crap or knock-offs? My price range is around 200 (+ or -). Also am I being a little strict about the contrast ratio? I want pretty good quality but will I notice a difference in contrast ratios because Dell has a 20" with a contrast ratio of 800:1.

Advertisements

danakitty

danakitty

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I've heard good reviews on numerous websites about the monitor your looking at, coincidently its the same monitor I bought about a week ago, however I can't give a personal review on it myself since I'm sure the one I've got here is defective :/