Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem in the "My Computer"

• Please log in to reply

OY-KBN

OY-KBN

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hey everybody .. first of all, i want to thank all the staff for doing a magnificent job of guiding us trough our "issues" okey ..that said.. i have a problem that startin me get annoyed. sorry for my typo's ..im not a fluent english speakin person ..

Im right-clickin on
- "My Computer"

- double clicking on the C-drive,

but suddenly the SEARCH window pops up !!

it appears that instead the Search has shown in bolded letters instead of OPEN.. you know what i mean when you rightclickin on it, and it should be with OPEN on the top and the search thing on second line ..right ??
and in my situation it has switched vice versa ...

what's the problem ??
could it be a window settings ??
Im gettin tired of rightclickin on C-drive and scroll down to the third line on OPEN in order to get into my files ...

I really do hope I have stated my problem clearly

Attached Thumbnails

• Problem_in_My_computer2.jpg

Edited by OY-KBN, 12 April 2005 - 11:10 AM.

Advertisements

Rico750

Rico750

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
Maybe i'm totally wrong but did you check if you maybe have SEARCH - ad aware installed? like search and web search or soem other spy or ad aware?

Try running SPY SWEEPER over your system. download it here:

http://dw.com.com/re.....psid=10192729

I know it's a long link:)

update the defenition list then sweep your sytem, clean and delete everything it finds and reboot then.

Maybe it's just a windows setting, but thats the first thing i thought about.

Rik

Rico750

Rico750

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
hmm.. the link didn't work.

Just go to http://www.spysweeper.com and download the 30 day trial, that should work.

Rik

OY-KBN

OY-KBN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
no i dont have ad aware installed !!

would you like to see a highjackthis.log ??

jdm

jdm

• PipPip
  • 79 posts

no i dont have ad aware installed !!

would you like to see a highjackthis.log ??

View Post

OY, how did you do that? I've been trying to get "search" at the top of my drop-down's for years. Instead I have "open" which I use less frequently.

Jeff

OY-KBN

OY-KBN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

OY, how did you do that?  I've been trying to get "search" at the top of my drop-down's for years.  Instead I have "open" which I use less frequently. 

Jeff

View Post

actually i dont know if you read the thread " a problem" ..
anyway sorry i cant tell you how i did that because i DONT know how .. i dont even know why it is changed in the first place !! thats why Im asking somebody in here ...

some has guided me too HEY_CURRENT_KEY_USER- but from there, i dont dare to proceed .. i might do something NOT good .. you know what I mean ?

OY-KBN

OY-KBN

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

OY, how did you do that?  I've been trying to get "search" at the top of my drop-down's for years.  Instead I have "open" which I use less frequently. 

Jeff

View Post

I have found a solution for my problem, anyway since Jeff asked for it. here's the link

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;321186

Be aware that it requires editing the registry which should only be attempted if you know a bit about what you are doing. You can seriously mess thing up if you change the wrong key.

Good luck Jeff,

ps, dont mezz up your registry !