Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

EXPLORER.EXE won't stay running! NEED H E L P !

• Please log in to reply

alive75

alive75

• Pip
  • 2 posts
first post ever here to this site. Hope somebody can help me.

Last night I was d/l a file and my desktop went away. (explorer.exe) stopped. I had to power off the system and it ran chkdsk. found some problems but corrected everything. I logged onto my pc but no desktop, just wall paper and a mouse.

I can get to task manager and run explorer.exe but it stops after about 50-10 seconds. I uninstalled Service Pack 1 which I thought might give me a new explorer.exe. I still have the same problem.

I use Norton AV and Lava Soft. Lava soft shows 1 Module Error early in the running and then my pc reboots itself. I also use Advanced Windows Care 2 which found 27000 spyware thingy's and have since been cleaned up.

I don't know what else to do to get my explorer.exe (desktop) to work.

Any ideas. I can get to a dos prompt and store off files to a flash card.
ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!

Thanks.
Bob

Advertisements

alive75

alive75

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Norton reports after 217,000 files, nothing detected.

Any ideas?

Bob