Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't find Floppy Drive

• Please log in to reply

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Recently I added a secondary HDD to my comp. everything is successful, since then (i think). I am not able to access my floppy drive. When in BIOS it shows that I have the floppy installed. When I open my computer, there is no A drive and manually typing "A:\" doesnt work either. " Cannot find A:\". It doesnt even work in DOS. In the device setup it shows the floppy drive installed, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. No help. WHAT CAN I DO?

Thankyou.

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
I would open your computer again and check that all of you connections are connected correctly. Reseat the Floppy Drive cable and the power connector.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
I should've checked that. The power supply connector was not connected to the floppy drive. Evrything's fine now. Thanks a lot.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
I have a floppy drive without the shutter (metal cover at top) and I really need the information. Is it safe to just plug it in, without it.?

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Hmm, that is a good question. I will try a disk that does not have anything important on it. >>>Seemed to work fine, I figured it would but you never know. The metal slider is mainly used to keep dirt out.

Edited by cmw2010, 22 July 2007 - 05:05 PM.