Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FATAL EXCEPTION 0000.0000006B

• Please log in to reply

newkitty2

newkitty2

• Pip
  • 4 posts
;) I keep getting this fatal exception 0000.0000006B after using my pc for just a short time it started of that it would happen only once in a while and now it happens so often that I cant use my pc. does anyone know what this means and HOW to fix it?? Im desparate (and I cant spell) :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
that doesn't look like a valide fatal exception code (and trust me, I've seen 1000s of them

If you could please recheck that....

newkitty2

newkitty2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I rechecked it and written it down "fatal exception 06 has occured at 0000.0000006b" is exactly what it reads. Now it is doing it right away cant access anything on hard drive

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
the 06 was pretty important

according to MS, this occurs when you have older versions of McAfee ANtivirus loading from the autoexec.bat file

do you use mcafee?

newkitty2

newkitty2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
yes and I remember seeing that kb891711 thing in my computer. Also please remember that I cant access windows because of this so any intruction given to fix I guess needs to be done via DOS. (Am I right??)

Edited by newkitty2, 13 April 2005 - 11:20 AM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Start in DOS

type
EDIT c:\autoexec.bat

put a ; (semicolan) in front of every line, then hit
ALT F
ALT s
then