Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Blue Screen of Death?

• Please log in to reply

Rudynumber2

Rudynumber2

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Recently, I was updating my .fla file for my Apocalypse collab, when my computer started to freeze. Wise guy(me), thought maybe I should shut down the computer and just restart it when I turn it back on, since it was already saved.

Soon after trying to restart my PC, this [bleep]ing error came up. The Windows Blue Screen, I tried numerous attempts on what to do to fix this, but I really don't quite know how. I can't access any of my files nor log on my computer under Safemode. I go directly to that [bleep]ing Blue Screen.

I'm currently on my father's computer, hopefully he won't bug out on me. I have my computer currently unplugged and shut down until further notice. Ugh.

Here's a screen shot though. Can anyone please help me? I don't want any files gone :whistling: I have alot of important work on this [bleep] computer

Please help me. :[

Here's an Email I wrote to Microsoft Explaining the problem:

"Recently, I've purchased a Windows computer. I've been using it casually and I've been very pleased with the system until I encounted this unwanted error this morning..

It all began when I was making a Flash Animation using Adobe Flash, around 6am in the morning. The program froze up, and I reacted how I usually react -- I just shut down the system and than proceed with my work after turning it back on. But this time an unwanted error occured.

After shutting down the system by holding in the button for 8-10 seconds, I tried to turn it back on. Everything seemed to be working fine. The Dell symbol screen appeared, soon after the Windows loading screen appeared but than an error message appeared. It said there was an error in the system and to choose one of the following to reboot. a) Safe Mode 2) Safe Mode with Connectivity 3) Safe Mode with ... etc.

Soon after choosing all the options, It led me to the same screen...The Blue Screen. It said an error occured and here is the code that was viewed:

Stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x8232ACA0, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

I don't quite get all thse codes. I kept trying to turn it off and try over and over again, but I can't even get to my Windows Menu screen with the User names. I can't even get passed the loading WINDOWS screen. It all leads to that darn Blue Screen. So please, help me without any loss of data. Is there any way to get out of this blue screen?

Ugh. I'm currently on another computer writing this. So I'd appreciate it if you can respond as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Best regards,
-Sean"

Posted Image

Advertisements

Rudynumber2

Rudynumber2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well, I was recently checking out the Pinned (BSoD) topic, and I found my error listing with 024.: Since I can't access my computer nor any of my files my only option is to maybe buy a new Ram stick to add more to my computer?

• Nonpaged pool memory might be depleted, which can cause the system to stop. You can resolve this situation by adding more RAM, which increases the quantity of nonpaged pool memory available to the kernel.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
just curious, can you repair the system with XP home cd, or system restore in this way
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449

Rudynumber2

Rudynumber2

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

just curious, can you repair the system with XP home cd, or system restore in this way
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449

I honestly tried to repair the system, since I saw ALOT of information about reinstalling some drivers along with fixing alot of errors, but for some reason my computer can't detect the CD. I don't even have a CD for MY computer, I had to use my fathers, but the weird thing is, when I purchased my computer from Dell everything was preinstalled -- Microsoft said that could be a problem as well. I'll see what happens though in a few hours after purchasing the RAM stick.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
now curiouser still, when you say "does not detect the CD, could it be because the boot sequence is not set to boot off the CD before the harddrive in bios(to enter setup it is normally offered as the first screen that appears on switching on the computer)

also on that photo what is the number of the BSOD, have a peep at this link then, may help then again it may not

http://www.geekstogo...th-t164994.html